HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
ADV. NO.- 01/ Law Clerk (Trainee)/16 LAST DATE: 30.06.2016 Till 5.00 P.M.
Application are invited from all eligible candidates for the tenure post of ''Law Clerk (Trainee)'' in the establishment of High Court, Allahabad/Lucknow Bench carrying a fixed honorarium of Rs. 12500/- with no Dearness and/or any other allowances and also without any other perquisite such as residential accommodation etc. The engagement shall be purely contractual for a fixed term of one year. However, the term may be terminated at any time, without any notice.
Number of Vacancies: 95
- Three Years Professional/Five Years Integrated Degree in Law from any Law College or recognized University throughout the country. Applications shall be accepted from such 'Law Graduates' who have not started practice as an advocate or engaged in any other profession or vocation/service. Those who have appeared in LL.B. (Final) in 2015-16 Examination and are awaiting results may also apply. Law graduates having scored not less than 55% marks in their LL. B examination are only eligible to apply for Law Clerks (Trainee). They will be required to submit their final mark sheet of LL.B Examination at the time of interview, which may be held in the first week of August, 2016.
- Computer knowledge, i.e., Data Entry, Word Processing and Computer
Operations. Age Limit:
The Candidates must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of more than 26 years as on 01.07.2016.
For making selection, competence would be judged on the basis of the interview only, which will be held only at Allahabad . The candidates for interview will be called only after screening. No T.A. will be payable for attending the interview.
Nature of work:
The successful candidates will be attached with Hon'ble Judges and shall discharge duties under directions of Their Lordships. Basically the Law Clerk (Trainee) will be required to carry out search and research on legal points and principles as desired by the Hon'ble Judge with whom he/she remains attached. He/she shall assist the Hon'ble Judge in searching out case law, articles, papers and other relevant material
required by the Hon'ble Judges in discharge of judicial as well as administrative work. Besides attending the Chambers of Hon'ble Judges, the Law Clerk (Trainee) may also be asked to be present in Court during hearing of the arguments,
take down or prepare notes in Court. The research work assigned to Law Clerk may include performing legal research, drafting memorandums and opinion, comments on statutes, relevant to questions of law. Assistance from the Law Clerk may also be taken in proper maintenance of the case files. Assistance in administrative functioning of the Judge shall also be desirable which shall include maintaining of administrative files, preparation of research of academic papers, maintaining record of judgments, the points of law decided in various judgments by a Judge, maintenance of records of administrative correspondence etc.
Apart from the above mentioned duties and responsibilities enumerated above, the Law Clerk (Trainee) shall perform any other duty as assigned by the Judge concerned with regard to his judicial and administrative functions. The nomenclature ''Law Clerk (Trainee)'' makes it abundantly clear that they shall be imparted training with regard to procedure and substantive law to assist the Hon'ble Judges in discharging their judicial and administrative functions. The Law Clerk (Trainee) will also be provided the schedule of training and the details of the nature of job, which they have to perform during their year of engagement. Specific assignments shall be given by the Judge with whom they are attached.
Restriction on Practice:
Law Clerk (Trainee) from the date of termination of his engagement as Law Clerk (Trainee) shall not appear in any case handled by the Hon'ble Judge(s) with whom he or she had remained attached, irrespective whether he had or not worked on that case during the period of his engagement. The candidates shall furnish an undertaking to the above effect on proforma prescribed herein after.
Other Conditions of Engagement:
The Law Clerks (Trainee) shall be governed by such rules of attendance, leave and other related matters as might be prescribed from time to time by Hon'ble the Chief Justice, High Court of Judicature at Allahabad.
Period of Engagement:
The engagement shall be for a fixed term of one year only from the first date fixed for joining, which may be terminated without notice at any time.
A candidate having more than one spouse or married to such a person who already had a living legally wedded wife/husband, will not be eligible.
(1) A candidate involved in any kind of criminal case whether convicted or charge-sheeted shall be barred from applying for the above post.
(2) Those who have already worked as Law Clerk (Trainee) will not be eligible to apply again.
How to Apply ?
1. The application forms can be purchased from the counter in the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad and at it's Lucknow Bench on payment of Rs. 300/- in cash. The application forms are also available on the web site (www.allahabadhighcourt.in ) and may be downloaded and used subject to payment of application form of Rs. 300/- to be paid through bank draft drawn in favour of Registrar General, High Court of Judicature at Allahabad.
2. The application form along with one duly attested copy of High School Mark Sheet, High School Certificate in proof of age/date of birth, Intermediate Mark Sheet, Intermediate Pass Certificates, Graduation/Post Graduation Mark Sheets and Certificates and testimonials regarding Extra Curricular Activities and Computer Knowledge along with two self addressed envelope (size 5''x10'') each bearing postage stamps worth Rs. 40/- should be sent to the Registrar General, High Court of Judicature at Allahabad either by Speed Post, Registered Post with AD or through Courier.
(Dinesh Kumar Singh)